The Electric Guy offers many fixed packages, you know exactly what you are getting with no nasty suprises.
An old switchboard has the potential to cause a fire and/or an electric shock. In most cases this would not become apparent until it was too late.
Many switchboards are over looked as they are more often located on the outside of the house and without the appropriate circuit protection could prove fatal. This applies to both domestic and commercial premises.
RCDs are designed to disconnect the circuit if there is a leakage current. By detecting small leakage currents and disconnecting before the body has time to react to the current they may prevent electrocution.
Did you know, that one 50w halogen downlight could use more energy than 4 LED’s lights? How many downlights do you have in your home or business? You could reduce your lighting energy costs by over 75%. Not to mention the savings from air-conditioning running costs due to lower operating temperatures.
LED lights can last anywhere up to 50,000 hours, meaning that although LED lights are more expensive to purchase initially, on top of power bill savings, you won’t have to replace the globes nearly as often, making them more cost effective in the long run.
According to the NSW government, alarms have been mandatory in newly constructed buildings in NSW since 1996. NSW Government regulations which came into effect on May 1, 2006, expanded this to existing buildings, making it mandatory for smoke alarms to be installed in all homes and other places people sleep. We can supply and install a smoke alarm from just $120 so phone now or request a call back and ensure your home is equipped with early detection incase of a fire.
A power surge, or transient voltage, is an increase in voltage significantly above the designated level in a flow of electricity. There are many causes of a power surge from lighting striking near by power lines to operating equiptment in your home or business such as elevators or air conditioning.
Even if the increase in voltage doesn't present immediate damage to your appliance, it may put extra strain on the components inside, reducing the lifespan and costing you thousands of dollars to replace.